Team Leader - Disability Supports
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Hours of Work Per Week: 48
Scheduled Hours: Set 2 week rotation. Position includes working direct in Barrhead program plus supervision time worked from Westlock office.
This position supports programs 336- 42, 43 & 44
WJS Canada's Community Disability Services team in Barrhead and Westlock encourages persons with developmental disabilities to build on strengths, further develop life skills, overcome barriers and actively participate in their community.
ALLERGY ALERT - This is a pet- friendly, smoking residence -the client owns a cat(s) and smokes cigarettes, therefore staff should have no allergies and be comfortable around cats.
The Team Lead supervises multiple programs for persons with developmental disabilities (PDD), acquired brain injuries (ABI), Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD), ensuring high quality physical, behavioural and emotional supports. This is achieved through hiring and scheduling staff who are trained and committed to delivering service excellence; developing and monitoring Individual Service Plans (ISP), and working directly with the persons served and their families/care teams to develop a safe/goal-oriented program.
In Your Role You Will
• Manage the daily operation of the programs (facilities, equipment and disability support staff)
• Schedule, supervise, orient/train and evaluate residential staff
• Work a combination of days, evenings (1x/week) and weekends (1x/month), more if required
• Ensure staff record and report client/program information (e.g. daily logs, incidents reports)
• Approve time sheets and related payroll documents
• Participate on the assessment/treatment teams for the admission, assessment & placement of individuals referred for service
• Assist Program Director with staff performance reviews/improvement plans and coordination of case conferences
• Consult the Program Director in implementing performance improvement plans and as necessary, discipline of staff
• Participate on the behavior review committee
• Be available for on call rotation
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Diploma or Degree in Disabilities Studies, Social Work, Human Services, Special Education, Psychology, Sociology, Nursing, Management, etc.
• Minimum 2 years management/supervisor experience
• Minimum 5 years' experience providing residential service to persons with developmental disabilities and complex needs; Disability Support Worker or Practitioner, Healthcare Aide or LPN
• Knowledge of developmental disabilities; augmented by specialized training
• Experience writing and implementing program plans and goals an asset
• Valid class 5 driver license, clear driving abstract and vehicle
• First Aid/CPR Certificate
• Non-violent Crisis Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
• Leadership and crisis management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Work with multiple persons served, as well as, with staffing teams
• Calm, confident, patient, self-motivated and motivates others; a positive role model.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada, a national social services agency, provides community-based services to children and families, persons with developmental disabilities, at-risk youth and young offenders, designed to foster positive life changes, increase self-esteem and confidence. As a Certified B-Corp, for-profit company, we use the power of business to build a more inclusive and sustainable economy.
Our Employees Enjoy
• A fair and equitable wage.
• Health and Dental benefits, with premiums paid by the employer!
• Staff training and personal development.
• Best practices programming.
• Innovative client care.
• An empowering balance of independence and supervision.